The International Relations major examines how states and non-state actors cooperate and compete on the dynamic global arena. The program is designed to provide students with the analytical methods and skills required of policy-makers in the field of world politics. It develops in students a sophisticated and informed understanding of international law and institutions; foreign policy; international security; international development; international economics, business, and culture. It also provides them with the methodological understanding of quantitative and qualitative research to be productive consumers and producers of knowledge in the field. The International
Relations program prepares students to anticipate and respond effectively to unforeseen threats and opportunities in contemporary international events and issues.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate may work in the following occupations:
• Researcher in International Relations, including aspects of economic and trade policy and development cooperation
• Analyst in international relations, especially on issues related to peace, democracy and human rights and international trade
• Advisor in international organizations promoters of peace, democracy and sustainable development
• Advisor in non-governmental organizations
• Consultant for projects both national and regional cooperation
• Project manager for development cooperation at both national, regional and international levels
• Manager of public and private cooperation offices
• Consultant for projects for development cooperation at both national, regional, and international levels
• Consultant in public sector institutions, typically the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.Ver plan de estudios Bachillerato
Bienvenidos a la Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología, ULACIT, la mejor universidad privada de Costa Rica, por ocho años consecutivos, según el QS Latin America University Rankings.
En ULACIT formamos personas versátiles, con capacidades para innovar, trabajar en equipos transdisciplinarios, comunicarse en diferentes culturas, socializar y establecer valiosas redes de contactos internacionales.
Nuestro modelo educativo es único en el país y se fundamenta en tres pilares: